This is because your index file has been corrupted. You could do the following. Using the terminal and changing your directory to your repository you can do the following (making sure you back up your repository first, just in case):
Or if you have changes in your working directory you want to keep you can do the following:
This can also be caused by conflicts with submodules, so if you have any submodules it might be worth looking into it.
Try that out and if it works if you could comment back to let me know that’d be great.
- On branch master nothing to commit, working tree clean ERROR: Repository not found. fatal: Could …
- When IntelliJ idea starts, can’t start git will pop up to solve the problem
- fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
- [How to Solve Eclipse Issue] Open type (Ctrl-Shift-T) Can Not Found
- Solution to unknown media type in type * * / * * when installing DEB package
- How to Solve Centos Yum Error: No module named yum
- [Solved] Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘ownerDocument’ of null
- Git Error: Unable to create ‘D:/xxx/.git/index.lock’: File exists. Another git process seems to be running in this repository, e.g.an editor opened by ‘git commit’. Please make sure all p
- C++ Error: Run-Time Check Failure #2 – Stack around the variable ‘cc’ was corrupted.
- Git Error: RPC failed, curl 18 transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining