An error occurred while installing development tools using yum
When we install the development tools development group tools through yum, we may sometimes encounter the following error messages
[[email protected] ~]# yum groupinstall "Development Tools" Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks There is no installed groups file. Maybe run: yum groups mark convert (see man yum) Determining fastest mirrors ^[[A^[[A * base: mirrors.aliyun.com * extras: mirrors.aliyun.com * updates: mirrors.aliyun.com base | 3.6 kB 00:00 epel | 5.3 kB 00:00 extras | 3.4 kB 00:00 updates | 3.4 kB 00:00 (1/7): base/7/x86_64/group_gz | 166 kB 00:00 (2/7): epel/x86_64/updateinfo | 994 kB 00:01 (3/7): extras/7/x86_64/primary_db | 205 kB 00:01 (4/7): epel/x86_64/group_gz | 88 kB 00:05 (5/7): epel/x86_64/primary_db | 6.8 MB 00:17 (6/7): base/7/x86_64/primary_db | 6.0 MB 00:19 (7/7): updates/7/x86_64/primary_db | 6.5 MB 00:19 Warning: Group development does not have any packages to install. Maybe run: yum groups mark install (see man yum) No packages in any requested group available to install or update
There are two solutions to this problem
yum clean all yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
If the above method is useless, execute the following command
cd /etc/yum.repos.d sudo wget http://public-yum.oracle.com/public-yum-el5.repo cd /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/ sudo wget https://public-yum.oracle.com/RPM-GPG-KEY-oracle-el5
After execution, install
yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
The above methods are useful for personal testing. I hope they can help you
- [Solved] Yum makecache Error: Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml)
- Yum Install Docker and Upgrade Yum Storage error: No packages marked for update
- The problem of “no packages” in centos7
- Linux: apt get install build essential and Yum groupinstall “development tools”
- Install CentOS development tools
- This system is not registered with an entitlement server. You can use subscription-manager to reg…
- When centos7 uses yum, file contains no section headers
- Python upgrade resulted in an error using yum
- Loaded plugins: rhnplugin, security This system is not registered with RHN.
- [Solved] Cannot use lsof command “- bash: lsof: command not found” in centos6