After entering the installation interface, an error is prompted: Windows cannot open the required file X: \ sources \ install.wim. Ensure that all files required for the installation are available and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007000d font>
Reason: there must be a problem with install.wim, but why?Because the size of install.wim file exceeds 4GB and exceeds the maximum support of FAT32 file system for a single file (4GB), the file is not correctly written to FAT32 format USB flash disk.
terms of settlement:
The idea of attempting to convert FAT32 to NTFS is invalid because UEFI NTFS is not supported.
Microsoft officials actually know this problem, so they also give a solution. Cut the install.wim file into two files less than 4G, and then copy it to the corresponding folder:
Delete the USB flash disk sources \ install.wim, load win10 ISO on the virtual optical drive, and run the following command with administrator privileges CMD:
dism /Split-Image /ImageFile:@:\sources\install.wim /SWMFile:@:\sources\install.swm /FileSize:3800
The first @ is modified to the drive letter of the win10 ISO virtual drive, and the second @ is modified to the drive letter of the USB flash drive, as shown in the following figure
Then you can happily and step by step to install your new win10.
However, there is a problem that the main files are not written correctly. Why is there no prompt after the UltraISO write verification process.
- Unknown file system type ‘NTFS’ on NTFS U disk mounted by CentOS
- How to Solve dracut-initqueue Warning: dracut-initqueue timeout – starting timeout scripts
- Using Win32 disk imager to realize USB disk recording
- Solution to the problem of no caching mode page found when installing CentOS 7
- [Solved] EFI VMwareSCSI Hard Drive (0.0) … unsuccessful
- Fix Element Not Found error for Bootrec/Fixboot on Windows 10
- [Solved] Virtualbox Warning: no bootable medium found
- Grub cannot be started after Linux is installed
- Vmware-ubuntu 16.04 Start Virtual Machine Error [How to Solve]
- Using Windows 7 USB DVD download tool to create 64 bit win7 system installation U disk under 32-bit system