After installing MySQL on the Mac, connect with Navicat, and a connection failure error will pop up in the connection test:
Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
Find the following solutions online:
1.mysql -u root -p 2.use mysql; 3.alter user 'root'@'localhost' identified with mysql_native_password by '11111111'; 4.flush privileges;
1. Root is the user name, localhost is the IP address 127.0.0.1, especially the local machine, mysql_native_Password is the old password verification mechanism, followed by the password for MySQL.
2. Flush privileges: refresh the system permission related tables of MySQL.
As shown in the figure:
Back to Navicat, the personal test is successful!
Postscript: some netizens said that the new version would report this error. The MySQL I installed is the latest version 8.0.13. I don’t know if this is the reason.
- MySQL Connect Error: Authentication plugin ‘caching_sha2_password’ cannot be loaded
- When Navicat connects to a database on a server, there is an error prompt: 1130 ‘* *’ host is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
- mysql 1142 – SELECT command denied to user ‘root_ssm’@’localhost’ for table …
- [Solved] Node Connect MYSQL Error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
- mysql 1449 The user specified as a definer does not exist
- [Solved] MYSQL Install and Login Error: Access denied for user ‘ODBC’@’localhost’ (using password: NO)
- Mysqldump backup problems got error: 1045, error 1045 (28000), got error: 1449
- MYSQL 8.0 Login Error: caching_sha2_password [How to Solve]
- [Solved] Deploying Tomcat connection in Linux Navicat reports error 2059 – authentication plugin ‘caching_sha2_Password ‘cannot be loaded: + Xi input 9 g
- ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ‘root’@’localhost’