When I use vagrant up to start the virtual machine, I often encounter such errors:
there was an error while executing
vboxmanage, a cli used by vagrant for controlling virtualbox. the command and stderr is shown below.there was an error while executing
vboxmanage, a cli used by vagrant for controlling virtualbox. the command and stderr is shown below.
command: [“startvm”, “e3088608-a6e8-49d5-b04d-72fe944fac85”, “–type”, “headless”
After trying many answers on the Internet, I can’t gracefully solve my problem. Most solutions are to delete the virtual machine and reinitialize it (whether deleting the VirtualBox MS folder or deleting the. Vagrant file in the user directory is actually deleting the virtual machine) However, it’s not easy to delete a virtual machine. You can create a new virtual machine again. However, the trouble is not to install the virtual machine, but I installed many environments on the virtual machine. After deleting the original, I have to do it all over again. However, fortunately, I can find the root cause now. In a word, the reason for this error is your virtual machine There is a normal shutdown.
How to solve
Type this command in the command line window: sc.exe query vboxdrv. This command is used to view the running status of vboxdrv. To ensure that
running , if the query finds that it is not
running , you need to use SC start vboxbrv to start the service.
If the startup fails, you can try to reinstall vboxbrv, find the vboxdrv folder under the installation directory, such as D: \ VirtualBox \ drivers \ vboxdrv, right-click vboxdrv.inf, select install, and then restart the computer
So, if the query is
running , restart the computer directly and start the virtual machine again. You will find that it can be started.
There are various ways to shut down abnormally. Let’s talk about how to shut down normally:
The command line window uses vagrant halt
VirtualBox right click the current virtual machine and select normal shutdown
- [Solved] Stderr: VBoxManage: error: Failed to load unit ‘HGCM’ (VERR_TOO_MUCH_DATA)
- How to fix the “kernel driver not installed (RC = – 1908)” error of VirtualBox in Ubuntu
- virtualbox+vagrant -2(command cli)-4-vagrant global-status Commands
- Vagrant up Error:unable to mount VirtualBox shared folders
- VMware Error: cannot find a valid peer process to connect to! [How to Solve]
- Vagrant: host manager host name management plug in
- Description and temporary solution of VirtualBox 5.0. X unable to connect to Internet after installation
- Vagrant: How to Change the Default SSH Port
- The most annoying error reported by Hadoop: running VirtualBox prompts 0x00000000 error “the 0x00000000 memory referenced by the 0x00000000 instruction cannot be written?
- Unable to start virtual machine in VirtualBox (genymotion) may be related to oleaut32.dll