New Ubuntu GNOMEN 13.10 installation today
I got the following error when entering the system #sudo apt-get update.
Reading package lists… Error!
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.sjtu.edu.cn_ubuntu_dists_precise-security_restricted_binary-i386_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
Google it or get it done.
Record the solution.
# sudo apt-get upgrade
- [Solved] E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
- [Solved] Ubuntu sudo apt-get update Warning: Failed to fetch
- Linux Error: apt-get 404 not found [How to Solve]
- Ubuntu failed to install libssl dev (depending on aptitude to manage degraded software) and recorded the list of installed software in dpkg
- apt-get: Could not resolve ‘archive.ubuntu.com’
- Error in python2.7 installation of pycrypto Library [How to Solve]
- Error reporting in Ubuntu apt get upgrade [How to Solve]
- [Solved] Dpkg: error: dpkg status database is locked by another process
- How to Solve Error: Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in
- Installing ncurses devel in Ubuntu 10.10