solution to the below error when Android Studio checks out git project:
Cannot run program “git.exe”: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the specified file.
I’ve solved the problem , and I will explain how :
Download Github For Windows client and install it.
After The client successfully installed , connect it with your github account.It should be easy , just follow the wizard.
Then you should add git.exe location to your “Path Variable”. The location you should add will probably be something like : C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Local\GitHub\PortableGit_ca477551eeb4aea0e4ae9fcd3358bd96720bb5c8\bin
Alternatively , if you don’t want to add to environment variables. You can open the android studio and go to : Settings -> Version Control -> Git In text box next to “Path to Git Executable” you will see “git.exe” , just give it a full path like so : C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Local\GitHub\PortableGit_ca477551eeb4aea0e4ae9fcd3358bd96720bb5c8\bin\git.exe
EDIT : For latest Github for windows versions some can find the git.exe under “…\cmd\git.exe” rather than “…\bin\git.exe”.// . for my try, is this location not portabelgit\bin\git.exe.
- Git Error: fatal: remote origin already exists [How to Solve]
- [Solved] Python import _ SSL DLL load fail error the module problem could not be found
- How to Solve intelliJ IDEA 13 error: please select Android SDK
- Solution to AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory
- Failed to install the following Android SDK packages as some licences have not been accepted
- [Solved] NPM downloads the dependency of the front-end Vue admin template master template Error
- Error reporting during installation of node SaaS package
- Solve the problem of ADB: command not found on MAC
- SDK manager cannot open the solution (Android)
- GitHub common operations and common errors! Error prompt: fatal: remote origin already exists