The compatibility of hive and hive on tez of CDP is not good enough. Normal installation will report various errors. For example, after installing hive, installing hive on tez will report an error: can’t create directory/MNT/SSD/yarn/nm/usercache/urika/appcache/application_1424508393097_0004 – Permission denied.
2. Cause analysis
It is suspected that hive has created the directory, but hive # on tez creates the file when using it, resulting in inconsistent user permissions.
The earliest solutions came from:
Delete the hive on tez server with hiveserver2, change the directory, and then restart it.
- User xxx does not have privileges for CREATETABLE [How to Solve]
- [Solved] Hive Update and Delete Error: Attempt to do update or delete using transaction manager
- [Solved] Error: JAVA_HOME is not set and could not be found.
- Hiveserver2 Connect Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://hadoop01:100…
- :org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaException: Failed to get schema version.
- [Hive on Tez] Input path does not exists error
- [Solved] Hadoop Error: ERROR: Attempting to operate on yarn resourcemanager as root
- [Solved] hive service hiveserver2 Error: GC overhead limit exceeded
- [Solved] Hadoop Error: The directory item limit is exceeded: limit=1048576 items=1048576
- SparkSQL Use DataSet to Operate createOrReplaceGlobalTempView Error