The detailed error information is as follows:
C:\Users\zig>docker info error during connect: Get http://%2F%2F.%2Fpipe%2Fdocker_engine/v1.39/info: open //./pipe/docker_engine: The system cannot find the file specified. In the default daemon configuration on Windows, the docker client must be run elevated to connect. This error may also indicate that the docker daemon is not running.
cd "C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker" ./DockerCli.exe -SwitchDaemon
Reason: Especially on windows machine when you see the above error after a docker update, try the above commands. It appears like the Docker Desktop UI may indicate that you are already using Linux Containers, but the update may have messed up that setting. Running the above commands will set to Linux Containers and there after you can work happily.
Note: The default is Linux Containers, just change it to Windows Containers after using this command.
- Solution for docker under windows:This error may also indicate that the docker daemon is not running.
- When Docker installs an Mirror: failed to get default registry endpoint from daemon
- [Solved] Failed to start Docker Application Container Engine.
- Docker Desktop: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on en…
- Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket
- Solution of docker error checking TLS connection
- How to Solve error: docker-runc not installed on system
- Windows 10 Run Docker Desktop Error: WSL 2 installation is incomplete
- “Docker build” requires exactly 1 argument [How to Solve]
- Docker ERROR: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running? [How to Solve]