Topic Status:Some information in this topic is preview and subject to change in future releases. Preview information describes new features or changes to existing features in Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Community Technology Preview 2 (CTP2).
|Product Name||SQL Server|
|Message Text||A nonrecoverable I/O error occurred on file “%ls:” %ls.|
This is a general error that occurs when the operating system raises an error while performing I/O during a backup or restore operation. In most situations the cause is simply that the backup medium is full.
The error may include additional text from the operating system indicating that the disk is full. When performing a backup or restore operation with third-party backup software an additional message may occur indicating that the backup failed. The message may look similar to the following text:
"2005-08-02 16:05:16.04 spid55 Error: 18210, Severity: 16, State: 1. 2005-08-02 16:05:16.04 spid55 BackupVirtualDeviceFile ::RequestDurableMedia: Flush failure on backup device 'VDINULL'. Operating system error 995(The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.)."
This is an indication that the backup software requested a termination of the backup or restore operation.
Perform the following tasks as appropriate:
Review the underlying system error messages and SQL Server error messages preceding this one to identify the cause of the failure.
Ensure that the backup and restore medium has sufficient space.
Correct any errors raised by third-party backup and restore software.
- Bt-Panel Type error: cannot concatenate ‘STR’ and ‘nonetype’ objects
- An I/O operation initiated by the Registry failed unrecoverably [How to Solve]
- How to Solve SQL Server: database stuck in “restoring” state
- SQL Server 2019 opens the data file MDF with an error
- NetBackup Accelerator backup fails STATUS 84 [How to Solve]
- curl#60 – “Peer’s Certificate has expired.” [How to Solve]
- How to Solve Mac Sed Error: command c expects followed by text
- How to Solve .NET 6 running on win7 SP1 error
- [Solved] ORA-27154: post/wait create failed ORA-27300 ORA-27301 ORA-27302
- MySQL 5.7 uses xtabackup to resolve error reports