I recently upgraded the windows10 system of the old computer, and found that the ubuntu20.04 installed in wsl2 cannot be started normally in the windows terminal (I used ubuntu20.04 as the default startup terminal before.)
Involved in reporting errors:
WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070050
The error is that the distribution of wsl cannot be registered, so you need to edit the distribution-related configuration items in the registry to solve the problem.
Please backup (using the steps I mention in my previous answer) before trying this. wsl --shutdown (from PowerShell or CMD) In Windows, run the Registry Editor Find \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lxss Find the key in there that has DistributionName of Ubuntu20.04LTS. Change the Ubuntu20.04LTS to Ubuntu-20.04. In theory, that may fix the problem by changing the distribution name back to what it should be.
- Remote connection to Ubuntu 14.04 desktop environment through VNC under Windows
- Ubuntu prompt no such device grub rescue solution
- Win10 installs the Ubuntu system and reports an error wslregisterdistribution failed with error: 0x8007019e
- How to Solve Syntax error: Bad for loop variable (ubuntu)
- [Solved] yarn: Unable to load the File C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\npm\yarn.ps1, Because running scripts is prohibited on this system.
- [Solved] Err:12 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates/main amd64 openjdk-11-jre-headless amd64 11.0.11+9-0ubuntu2~20.04 404 Not Found [IP: 188.8.131.52 80]
- error: attempt to read or write outside of disk ‘hd0’ [How to Solve]
- apt-get: Could not resolve ‘archive.ubuntu.com’
- Error when opening windows PowerShell modules